Why Newly Graduated DVM Students?
SWVS offers a robust three days of networking and workshop opportunities designed for leadership and becoming INVOLVED in their career path. This is an opportunity to solidify a strong partnership with SWVS, and our hope is that they will continue to attend in future years. We are introducing future CE Committee and SWVS Board Members to the power of partnerships and all the collaborative efforts that go into making SWVS such a wonderful experience. First year graduates in some states don’t need CE credit, but this is a great way for them to network and jump start their careers.
Who is Eligible?
DVMs who have graduated from an AVMA Accredited College within the last year.
How is the Scholarship Recipient Selected?
We select one DVM new graduate from each SWVS Partner State. The Partner States are Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
Who Selects the Scholarship Recipient from each State?
Each Partner State VMA will select a DVM who will represent their state VMA well and fits the criteria.
What is required of the Scholarship Recipient?
- To be able to attend all four days of the Symposium
- Attend the Friday VIP reception to receive their award and be recognized
- Attend the Sunday morning Board Meeting to give feedback on their experience
What is covered by the Scholarship?
Each DVM selected will receive the following:
- Complimentary DVM full registration ($470 Value)
- Mileage or airfare to conference (reimbursable up to $400)
- Ground Transportation (Up to $60)
- Three night accommodations in a SWVS hotel (Up to $400)
- Invitation to the VIP reception on Saturday evening
- Invitation to the Sunday SWVS Board Meeting